THE JM SPECIFIER SERVICES ADVANTAGE
To provide individualized assistance and information to your design, engineering and architectural teams in order to ensure that you use the optimal JM roofing system and products that meet the specific needs of the project and installation conditions.
JM DESIGN ASSISTANCE AT YOUR SERVICE
We are here to provide informational support for any member of your design team. We can serve as a consultative resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
BURSI and Industry Events
We offer customizable education programs that are certified by American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Roof Consultants Institute (RCI) and Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). We offer anything from one-hour in-office “Lunch and Learns” to a 10-hour, multiple-day seminar, BURSI. Our Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute is the longest-running roofing system educational program. Please contact your local sales representative for more information on upcoming BURSI dates or visit our calendar to see the next educational seminar is in your area.
BURSI - Roof Insulation and Cover Board
- Gain a better understanding of both high-density and low-density roofing insulation.
- Review thermal resistance design along with dew point calculation.
- Complete a comparative analysis of all primary low-slope roofing insulations and coverboards.
- Describe tapered insulation and system design.
BURSI - ROOFING SYSTEM SELECTION AND DESIGN
- Describe the criteria that plays a role in defining the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Recognize the right questions of clients to design the right roofing solution for their client and site requirements.
- Locate the correct resources, calculations and codes in order to design the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Communicate the reasons why certain systems are selected for certain reasons to clients.
- Explain the different types of roofing insulation with their merits and installation methods.
BURSI - SINGLE PLY SYSTEMS
- Explain the different material types, properties and characteristics of TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing membranes.
- Describe the different system applications and performance characteristics.
- Identify the flashing designs for the different roof assemblies available.
- Explore how to match system and installation methods when considering which system would best fit your design criteria.
We offer several design tools on our website. Be sure to check www.jm.com/roofing for product information, details, three-part specifications, codes and approvals.