Bulletin Number: OPS16-004
Date: November 22, 2016
Johns Manville New Customer Pickup Policy for the Pacific Region
As part of our continuous improvement efforts to all of our customers, Johns Manville has implemented a system to more effectively handle pickups at the following facilities: Tracy, Fernley, and South Gate. This change is due to an increase in scheduled pickups not being picked up timely which has created logistical and space confinement problems for the shipping facilities. This will become effective January 1, 2017.
- A one-time extension of 24 hours or one business day from the scheduled pick up date will be allowed.
- Material not picked up on the scheduled date or the next business day will be moved to a hold date until a valid date can be determined.
- When the order is moved out to a hold date, you will receive a system generated email to the email address that receives order confirmations.
- The material availability cannot be guaranteed once the order is moved to the hold date.
- Orders that are rescheduled prior to the scheduled pick up date, are more likely to have material available on the new date
- Material that is released due to a missed pick up and no communication will be subject to the availability of material at the time the order is rescheduled by the customer.
- We encourage proactive communication if the material will not be picked up as scheduled to prevent non-availability of materials.
Johns Manville anticipates this will allow us to better fill customer orders and will increase material availability at any given time to better meet our customer’s needs. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns with the above process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your customer service advocate or myself.
Thank you for working with us to improve the processes that will help us serve you and your customers better.
Kirsten L Donisi
Customer Service Manager | Roofing Systems Group – Pacific, Southwest and Canada